Wednesday, April 21, 2010

First E.R Visit


I'm a mommy of 3, so I've prepared myself that one of my kids will have me in the E.R. My oldest is 10 and I've been lucky with him, we've only had one injury where he's required stitches but we didn't have to go to the E.R. My youngest is 16 months and I swore it would be him. But we were wrong, so far my daughter is the one that gets hurt the most.
We had our FIRST visit to the E.R, last Wednesday. She was playing with her brothers and her daddy and ended up being the one who was crying in the end. She was running away from "Daddy Monster" and wasn't looking straight forward. When she turned to look straight it was to late, her big brother was in front of her and she pumped smack into his rear end. She bounced off of him and landed on her arm. She cried for a good 30 minutes, no she screamed for a good 30 minutes. She wouldn't straighted her arm out so we new something was up. I called my friend, Monica -who is awesome by the way, to watch my boys while we took Destiny in. We waited for 2 hours in the waiting room. We seen a couple of crazy people come in. One lady, was hit in the face by a man. WOW, he did some damage, it was scary. Another man, looked like he tried to burn off his leg, Ewwe not pretty.
We finally got to the back and after xrays and test on my baby, they splinted her up and made an appt for a couple of days later to find out if it was fractured.
We waited for the time to go by, she handled it all well. She didn't bug about the splint, she used it as a defense weapon against her brothers. One week later, she was able to get out of the splint. Lucky for all of us, it wasn't fractured. Just a bad sprain. My babygirl, was so afraid to use her arm again, but she's slowly adjusting again.
I hope this is our last accident for a long time. I hate E.R waiting rooms and the doctors aren't as hot as they are on T.V.

No comments:

Post a Comment