Sunday, June 6, 2010

Summer Time ... Summer Time

Ooh it is getting hot. Today we were suppose to go out the 12th Annual Menudo Cook Off. It's this huge thing, where all mexicans get together and make what they call the best menudo.. of course none of them compares to my mom. Well The Menudo Cook Off is alot of fun. Several groups perform, they have flokorico dancers, Mariachi's, Jalapeno Eating Contest and An Ice Cream eating contest. So much food and beer of course. At the end of it all, you are full and some are drunk. Heat exhausted and filled with entertainment.. You don't even get menudo. LOL Well, we went last year and it was soooo much fun but hot. This year, we were going to attempt but summer time has hit Bakersfield.
Today's high was 96. Whew.. it was HOT !!. I woke up this morning at 4:30am because it was so uncomfortably hot. My babies woke up at 7 and were begging daddy to please set up their pool. We bought them a blow up pool yesterday.. at 8am they were outside swimming. I'm telling you it was HOTTTT !!
I've lived here all my life and I think this is gonna be a good one. Time to start filling my calendar with trips to the beach. PISMO HERE WE COME.

1 comment: